People ask me what is God saying or what was he doing as these floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, and other natural disasters occur. As a Believer, here is what the Lord has placed on my heart & some questions you might want to ask yourself:
1. He is the Lord God Almighty. Who are we to ask Him to answer us for what He decides to do or allow?
2. What God, those that are experiencing disaster, what God are they serving? Many accounts in the Torah (first 5 books), Neviim(prophets) and Ketuvim(writing) relate records of God destroying those that served other gods.
3. Man has destroyed and continues to destroy this earth. Why should we blame God when things occur that is out of our control? God made the earth perfect and when we imperfect it, we get imperfect results, like a chemical experiment.
4. God’s promise to protect people is only given to His people. Yes He shows mercy to many and does the same to just and unjust people, but to those that are called by His name are promised protection by His Angel and His Spirit.
5. He who creates a thing is the Creator. We cannot control when a Creator decides to Destroy a thing.
6. What is in their bloodline? God says He visit the 3rd and 4th Generation to pay for the sins of their fathers. What idolatry or spiritual adultery have they committed? Are other gods hovering over their cities? Those gods do not protect, but bring damnation.
7. Immortality? We are all not promised to leave this world without death…only Enoch and Elijah walked directly into the Lord’s presence. Now I’m praying this prayer myself, but most pass this world through death. When its your time to go, you must go; but I know of an account of one appointed to die (Hezekiah) and he cried out to the Lord on his bed, facing the wall, and afterward, God extended his life for 15 more years. He sought the Lord and the Lord granted him mercy. You too can seek the Lord for mercy for your life and your families.
Ask Jesus to come into your life.
Confess that His death and resurrection covers you.
Release your past, your sin, your natural nature to Him.
Then He will protect and alter your life and be with you in trouble!
JESUS LOVES YOU!