If you are considering abortion, please consider this:
1. Think about it thoroughly; once you go forth you cannot change what’s done, so please take as much time as you need to ponder if this option is for you. Doesn’t matter how many people you upset by taking your time; in the end you must live with your decision. Not your family, friends, doctor/nurses, nor administrative staff in clinic.
2. You are not alone, although it may appear like it. There are many that have been in your situation. Some have had a happy ending and others, not so happy. Thinking of your future, its always best to hear experiences of those who have been where you are, so you can make an informed decision. Find out from those who had unexpected pregnancies with different outcomes and weigh the costs ( aborted, adopted, kept baby ). Go to http://www.toomanyaborted.com/?page_id=208 for help.
3. The single regret I hear from those that have chosen this option is that they thought getting one would end their problems, but it didn’t. Think about all the reasons to get one and consider these solutions:
* cannot afford a baby right now – alternatives: open adoption, ask the Lord to provide funding for the child (this works!)
* my family will be disappointed in me – if you had an abortion, would the possible disappointment be deeper? or what if they happened to surprise you and fully support you in having a baby? try discussing with a close friend or family member.
*the father of the child will kill/hate/leave me. If he suffers from these emotions, you really shouldn’t trust him to help you make an rational decision in the first place. Seek outside counsel and if the father flips out and doesn’t support you in other ways to raise your child or give away your baby to adoption, then re-examine your relationship with him and try going to spiritual counseling together.
*this was a mistake and I’m going to fix this mistake – there are no surprises nor mistake with the Lord. Everything has been foreknown and some things preplanned by him. Your pregnancy was not new information to Him. Seek Him to discover what purpose He has for your seemingly ‘untimely’ baby. Read this inspiring story: http://www.lifenews.com/2012/01/13/doctors-recommended-football-star-tim-tebow-be-aborted/
4. In realizing that their may be many emotions running through your veins, I ask that you please try to be objective in knowing that abortion clinics is also a nation-wide business and most do not advise you of alternative methods in planning for a family once becoming pregnant. Try to find an unbiased clinic ( stay away from planned p…) and seek assistance.
Please contact us if you need any assistance in any way. I hope this has been helpful to you.