One thing I have complained about, whether externally or inwardly–with a not so nice attitude, is a seeming lack of time! But as I prayed and read self help books on gaining time and accomplishing tasks, I realized that my focus made it appear I didn’t have any time to do the things that mattered to me. After this realization, the Lord brought to my attention several things I should be focusing on when I feel I’m losing time. I hope they will help you too. What is it that you usually want to complain about?
1. Recall Joseph was sold as a slave and later put in prison, both undeserved. Yet he always worked in excellence and rose to the top in every situation. Am I?
2. Love your neighbor , as you love yourself. Give others the value of your time.
3. Proverbs 3: 5 &6 say I ought to Trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not to my own understanding about situations.
4. We are to serve other over ourselves, as the Son of Man didn’t come to be served but to serve many, Mark 10:45 and also As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace, I Peter 4:10.
5. He that would lose something, will actually gain it. Weird how that works! Mark 8:35
6. Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God, and He will exalt you in due time, 1 Peter 5:6
7. Philippians 4:8 tells us exactly what we should be thinking!
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.