I meet many Christians who disregard the old Testament/Convenant. Hopefully my arguement here will convince them otherwise.
1. You will understand the New Testament/Covenant better. Numerous references and allusions are made to it.
2. God’s Promises, Warnings and Curses are still effective today. The Bible says His Word will stand forever and never fail/fall.
3. The Christian faith was birth fromthe Hebrew faith. This is recorded in the Hebrew Bible or Old Covenant/Testament.
4. We wouldn’t need Jesus to cover our sins if the laws of the First Convenat didn’t have power over us. The Blood Jesus redeems us from the curse of the law.
5. There are many patterns and foreshadowings that explain history and coming events. Some are written plainly; some are in code.
6. A revelation of God’s Name, Character, and Nature are given to you. Although, they are all encompassed in the Name of Jesus, you comprehend what all of them are.
7. The stories are better than any movie, radio, or tv program. They are more lovely, dramatic and gruesome for the imaginative mind.